Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Call me a pessimist...

...but the prospect of an economic breakdown in China triggers my "major global disaster" sense. Many people have noted that in many ways China, as the world's foremost manufacturer, occupies a spot analogous to the US in the 1920s. Add to that the trillion dollars of US debt held by China, and today's economy could look like paradise compared to that in two or three years.

Fortunately, my track record on these kinds of worries is not particularly good, but if you do have a spare minute and some plans for weathering this Great Recession, they may be worth reviewing.

As for me, I don't know what I would do anyway. If I had a house I would start collecting cardboard, bits of string, and scrap pieces of metal and other things that you might be tempted to throw out, but since I don't even have that I guess I will just need to learn how to fish the Mississippi River.

No comments:

Post a Comment